Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The meltdown

Riddle me this....what happens when you leave an encaustic piece in a car in 70 degree heat in direct sunlight? Yup, you guessed...meltdown city.

Remember the Bursting Sunset piece:


Well after my neglect it is now this:


But before anyone panics and wants to have memorial for the lost piece....I like this version better. To me it mimics the nature of volcanoes in the Hawaiian Islands. The lava destroys the land, however as soon as the magma cools, new landscapes are formed. God is the original artist. What HE destroys, HE can recreate in a more awesome and impressive form. Coincidently, this piece was destroyed and reborn on Easter Sunday...it was a reminder that in death and destruction, there is a rebirth. The symbolism was not lost on me and is a reminder of my faith in HIM.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I like the meltdown better! Don't ya love when an accident is a happy result.
    I love your work. I watched your youtube on encaustic shellac. I will be back. Thank you for doing your video. It was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete