Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Welcome to my Art Corner

I have jumped back into the more artistic side of creating lately. Any medium is game....I've even taken up encaustics....gasp....after that wax fire I had making candles a few years ago, who would have ever guess I'd be dabbling in the hot wax again.

I've also started visiting galleries and doing art crawls again. So you may also find art done by others featured here. Why did I ever let myself get so far away from the art world? Note to self....stop straying so far away from home.

The House of Vanet...what does that mean?
I was in Starbucks getting my daily expensive fix. The barista was trying to read the name on the cup of the customer before me. He thought it said Vanet (Va-nay) and was like that's cool. I was in agreement. Turns out the name was actually Janet. But Vanet stuck with me. Most of you already know my muse Shelia....yeah, split personality and all that. Well...I think Shelia is actually two people herself...so she's got a Sybil complex....don't worry, she "mostly" harmless. Shelia, I think is more of the crafter, but this other entity needs a name...and Vanet sounds all French and artsy like. So now Shelia's muse now has a name...Vanet.

As far as I can tell there is no such French word and the English word is an acronym for Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network, which is ironic because Dez (the other me) is all about technology...funny how that works.

Anyhow, sit back, grab a cup of your favorite Joe (or tea) if you prefer and join Vanet in her travels as she rediscovers the artworld I have been away from for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment